We had the honour, this afternoon, of attending the wake for Myles' mom, Bernadette Bailey, who passed away this week. I believe she was 92.
We'd only met a few times, and one of those times was at Dodie and Myles' wedding, so I won't say I knew her well. Today, though, looking at the pictures and drawings of her, from her childhood through to recent times, I was made aware that this was a special woman. One beautiful photograph captured everyone's attention: in it, she is wearing traditional native leathers and is playing a guitar. In other photos, she is surrounded by friends and family, smiling and looking lovely. Her bearing is that of a confidant, intelligent woman. A series of pictures taken in a photo-booth captured her sense of humour.
She looked beautiful today, too, though I know she wasn't really there; but her spirit filled the place.
Sunday, 4 December 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not writing much anymore
Hello. I don't have the need to write that I used to have. So I don't. Also, the world in general changed for me in 2023. Husband ...
-
Every day has its challenges, if you're making any effort at all. Today, it's a matter of getting back into the stuff I've been...
-
Since The Boarder has become a permanent resident, he and I have had several serious discussions over his laying squatter's rights to th...
No comments:
Post a Comment