Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Not only ripped off at the pumps...

Iain receives a newsletter/commentary from a BMO financial advisor, Frank Lambros. His latest missive, entitled "Uh Oh… The Price Is Still Wrong" points out that although the Canadian dollar has averaged a value of $.988 US over the last year, the price gap on goods between here and south of the 49th is still huge, averaging 18% (!!!!??)
Here' s his list:


So where is the extra cash going? I would assume straight into the pockets of the retaillers, but I wish I knew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

According to the news, some of us have been really ripped off at the pumps!

I wonder if any of the price differential is related to duties or to quantity buying ...

Not writing much anymore

Hello. I don't have the need to write that I used to have. So I don't. Also, the world in general changed for me in 2023. Husband ...