Saturday 17 October 2009

The birds have found the feeders

We had a couple of Goldfinches in their winter plumage help themselves to some niger seed.




Also, a White-Throated Sparrow found some edibles on the ground. We have also had Juncos, and the sunflower seed has attracted Chickadees and White-Breasted Nuthatch.




Our resident Chipmunk and the one of the many neighbourhood Squirrels have been snacking on the peanuts, but so has a Blue Jay.
But he prefers to hide them for later: right after this picture was taken he tucked the peanut into the hedge!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a wonderful time of year for birds with residents and migrants both about!

Deb said...

Yes it is! What I really wish, though, is that I could have snapped a picture of the cute raccoon who was at the feeders on Saturday evening! He caught me completely by surprise and was gone before I could grab my camera.

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...