Monday 10 February 2014

An Hiatus

It's almost a month since I last blogged, and I have no excuse except that my life has been quiet...too quiet.  Just kidding, I don't mind it being quiet. It's nice, really.

The first two weeks of my absence were spent waiting for Iain to start his new job. And the last two weeks have been spent getting used to our new circumstances.

First off, getting used to a 5:00 a.m. alarm wasn't bad. One of the results of aging, for me as for many people, is an inability to sleep for eight hours most nights; so we have adapted to it pretty quickly. By the end of the work-week, though, I'm falling asleep on the couch during the evening.

Secondly, Iain has had to adapt to a longer commute. He's on the road for a good three hour tour, every day. It would be worse if he weren't getting away early, though.

There are a lot of good things about this extra morning time, not the least of which is that I cannot continue to avoid exercise as I have for the last year. Someday very soon, I'll be starting to work out again (yay me) (go Deb go).

Other than that, well, days have been short and cold, cats are snuggly and well (Jezebel had dental work done, but she's recovering), and every morning I look out at the snow and wish I could just stay inside. A typical winter.

Maybe next week I'll have something more interesting to report on. Patience....patience.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...