Monday 17 July 2017

Joggins

Joggins is a UNESCO site because of the large numbers of fossils found there.  I'm not very scientific, so to me it was mainly a big beach of rocks.

However, I really, really like rocks, so I was very happy to go there!


The views were gorgeous, despite the day being rather cloudy.

We didn't have a guide or any posted information, so my guess is that this orange stain was caused by iron deposits.
 Walking on the rocks wasn't very comfortable.  Not as bad as up in Georgian Bay, but rough.

We found a fossil very easily.  Isn't this cool?
 We had fun picking through the rocks and looking at the view.  Look at this picture below, isn't the rock gorgeous?
So is my sweetie!


No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...