Wednesday 27 November 2019

Cabinet Shuffle

And here it is:

The finished project!

As you can see, there's lots of storage in it!  And it has a nice country-cupboard look to it that sets it apart from the other white cupboards in our kitchen.

I still haven't figured out what to put on top of it - it needs a plant or something decorative.

This was a fair bit of work:  because I used alkyd paint the coats needed to dry a day before I could apply another coat, and the painting ended up stretching over a couple of weeks as a result.  Painting inside cupboards is a real pain, too, literally:  my back was killing me every night.

Expense-wise, it wasn't bad.  I probably spent between $175 and $200 all in.  To buy a new cabinet like this would be about $400 or so (and assembly required), so I feel pretty good about it.

It's nice to change up the kitchen a bit.  The grey paint on the walls is new as well - it was green, but I was tired of the colour.  We had it redone in 2001, so it has needed a little work.  It could use more, but that's all it's getting for now.

No more projects until the new year!

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...