Sunday 26 February 2023

Time stands still here

Last Sunday marked 7 years since my Mom passed away, and tomorrow it will be 18 years since Darwin left us.

This picture was taken at a wedding reception, though I'm not sure which one. I had thought it might be my cousin Eldon's marriage to Janice, but that was 41 years ago, which would make Darwin 30 in this photo, and I think that judging by the hair loss he should be closer to 40.


Anyway, I love this picture, and that's why I'm sharing it here today. We have had so many wonderful fun times, and when I look at this picture it reminds me to enjoy today instead of worrying about stuff I can't foresee or control.

My Mom was a constant worrier and a prayer warrior. Probably being a parent does that to most people, but being raised with a simple deep faith in God made it part of her personality. I have turned out to be a lot like her in that way, though I have a lot more doubts in my spiritual journey than she ever did, I'm sure.

I'm going to raise a glass and remember them both, later today. Wish they were here.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...