Saturday 10 May 2008

Political Prayer

I got an email today from a friend who would like me to go to the Ontario Legislature's site to voice my opinion, as a Christian, on Dalton McGuinty's plan to remove the saying of the Lord's Prayer before legislature. I probably should do it, but I don't think my opinion is the one she would expect me to have, because I don't think they should be doing prayers before the house, and my reason is biblically based. In Matthew chapter 6 verse 5, Jesus tells his followers to not pray in public for show, but to do so privately. He didn't have much time for hypocrites, and this situation looks like politicians trying to look good with their constituents, not real concern for their need for God's guidance.

2 comments:

David Rotor said...

As an atheist, I can't fault your logic. While I think bringing magical thinking into politics is silly ... at least this issue is preventing the politicians from screwing something more important up!

Deb said...

From what I've seen, most of what goes on in politics is magical thinking (obviously Hillary Clinton believes in miracles!).

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...