Wednesday 9 October 2013

And….summer ended, just like that

In August, the Touch-Me-Not blooms. I love these wildflowers, and there are usually several large bushes of them on the  “point” (what we’ve always called the little peninsula on which our cottage stands).

001
They've never actually "exploded" they way I expected them to do.
Iain was on his own quite a bit this summer, at the lake when I had to be at work.  He and I both noticed how early the songbirds left this year. We saw Blackpoll Warblers passing through before Labour Day. Below is another warbler he spotted on a long walk, during which it was the only bird he saw.
002
Dodie will know what this is; I forgot to look it up.

The moon rises over the lake.
001
Leon and Jill take one more canoe tour; soon it is time for them to close up the cabin for another summer.
003
They have some nice watercraft.
In the morning, a deer leaves the island for the mainland shore.
001
One of the joys of cottage life.
Paul’s harvest of cattle feed was much better than last year’s, when due to the drought he got (I think) 9 bales, compared to about 23 this year.
007
I'm not sure exactly what he was growing, but I do know it is for the cattle.
It was a very fruitful year all ‘round. Jo’s apples were amazing.
008
And delicious! Transparents.
And Mom celebrated her 96th birthday! Isn’t she a honey?
002
Love this lady so much.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...