Thursday 2 August 2007

Weather Worries

I love hot weather. I especially love it when I'm on holidays for it, so I can be at the cottage. These nights our house is getting very warm. We have stubbornly refused to buy an air conditioner, which means the house has been getting progressively warmer for the past week. The thermometer reads 25C. this morning; I'm hoping the thundershowers forecast for tonight will bring in slightly cooler weather for sleeping. Hopefully they won't bring driving rain for extended periods that requires closed windows!


This reminds me of the Thursday night before our holidays last year, when a big storm went through, bringing an F2 to Combermere and several downed trees to our cottage lot. The old cedar we lost had shaded me lots of times since my childhood, and it was sad to see it go.



I'm praying it doesn't happen again this year, because we are starting to get low on nice trees on our property. The weather overall has been much like last year - very wet and cool for most of the month. That caused one of our tree losses last year - the ground was so wet, the wind just uprooted the tree.



Nothing like the damage done at Combermere, but still painful. I'd rather not start out my holidays this year with such a BANG!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to confess, it is hotter than I like it just now!

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...