Sunday 18 November 2007

The girl with the fuzzy head blathers on.

Gosh, what gorgeous day it was, for November! Beautifully sunny and clear, and even though it was cold it didn't matter; it was exhilarating.

We had a successful sale yesterday, raising over $800, though the money was not the main reason for doing it. Nice to have so many people drop into the church, especially familiar faces who used to be in the congregation but have moved on to other churches. Our little church family is much smaller than it once was, when Neil Steenson was our pastor, but we soldier along. We're blessed to have Pastor Bruce, who is enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work! There is lots to do.

I was tired last night, but so wound up I couldn't settle down and sleep well. It was also a bad night physically - my right arm aches some nights and keeps me awake, and it was one of those nights. So I got up feeling rather fuzzy in the head this morning, but I dragged myself to church anyway, and was glad I did; I needed today's message, which was about having faith when hope fades and fear comes in. This has to do with problems at church, and enough said about that.

Went to Ottawa and shopped for some gifts (several birthdays and early Xmas's this week), and then stopped at Sheila's for a quick hello. Now it's time for a well-earned brewski on the couch and a little mindless tv watching!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the sale went well!

Mindless tv is on my agenda tonight as well.

Deb said...

We are SO addicted to Dexter...though things are piling up against him, and I'm wondering if this is the end of the series.

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...