Thursday 15 November 2007

Bake and Craft Goodies

We're having our annual Bake/Craft Sale at the church on Saturday, and in anticipation of that I made my first ever wreath! It's all pine and cedar cones from around our cottage, that I picked up before we closed the place in October. I'm pretty happy with it, for a first effort, and won't be particularly displeased if it doesn't sell - Iain would like to keep it anyway.

The little bottles of Citrus Vinegar have a nice flavour, and I'm hoping someone will think them worth picking up.

I've also made catnip sacks again this year, which should make Brian happy! He usually purchases most of them for his and other family cats.


That's pretty much it for crafts, but I'm also selling chow-chow (green tomato pickles), salsa, chocolate fudge, orange wreath cookies, cranberry-walnut tarts, peanut butter cookies, and baked beans.

Mom has, as usual, baked up dozens and dozens of buns! A lot of them get sold before the sale; I think she's sold 12 dozen already. She also makes slippers for the craft table. I would love to be as with-it as her, if I make it to 90 years!

Although the stated goal of the sale is to make some upkeep money for the church building, the real reason is to get together with my sisters and some church friends and have a good time. Too bad our pal Debbie is busy with her new job - she's always a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Yes, that's the way - do something fun which also happens to be useful.

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm. Fudge. (Note how I focussed on that so easily!) Although you 've produced quite an array of choices!

I'm making catnip toys this year, too. I had a very good harvest of George's special blend this season.

Enjoy the day tomorrow!

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...