Sunday 6 January 2008

The Duck!

I was looking at the pictures I took at our office party/dinner just now, and it reminded me to recommend (highly) The Duck restaurant in Calabogie. Excellent food and service. The table was lovely - take a look.
Their specialty is, not surprisingly, duck, and that is what I had. Not being a person of large appetite, I had to refrain from eating as many of the appetizers as I would have liked. For dessert, we were each brought a sampler plate with all sorts of goodies: custard, chocolate mousse, a warm crepe wrapped around icecream and drizzled with sauce (it is now a couple of weeks later and I can't remember for certain, but I think there was chocolate, strawberry, and possibly maple?).
I really enjoy a good meal, and our bosses are the best guys to take us out to nice places to eat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely! And the festive table decor is a lovely touch.

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...