Sunday, 6 January 2008

The Duck!

I was looking at the pictures I took at our office party/dinner just now, and it reminded me to recommend (highly) The Duck restaurant in Calabogie. Excellent food and service. The table was lovely - take a look.
Their specialty is, not surprisingly, duck, and that is what I had. Not being a person of large appetite, I had to refrain from eating as many of the appetizers as I would have liked. For dessert, we were each brought a sampler plate with all sorts of goodies: custard, chocolate mousse, a warm crepe wrapped around icecream and drizzled with sauce (it is now a couple of weeks later and I can't remember for certain, but I think there was chocolate, strawberry, and possibly maple?).
I really enjoy a good meal, and our bosses are the best guys to take us out to nice places to eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely! And the festive table decor is a lovely touch.

Not writing much anymore

Hello. I don't have the need to write that I used to have. So I don't. Also, the world in general changed for me in 2023. Husband ...