Sunday 1 January 2012

My new best friend and me

Funny picture, I know!  But here it is, the Kobo, on which I intend to read lots of new books and articles!  It was a Christmas gift from Iain (I returned the favour, and he is also Mr. Kobo now), and I've already read Stephen King's Mile 81 and Dickens' A Christmas Carol.  Just finished downloading the 4-book set of George Martin's A Game of Thrones.

Currently I'm working on a free ebook, Life in Canada Fifty Years Ago by Canniff Haight, which is a description written early in the 1900's about life in mid-1800's rural Canada.  Fascinating stuff, for me; I really enjoyed my Aunt Doris' My Heritage-My Memories, the pdf for which also sits on my Kobo!

My prediction for 2012:  I will have my nose in a book even MORE often than usual!

3 comments:

Jenny Davidson said...

Very good! Really electronic readers are amazing... coincidentally I just started rereading Game of Thrones on my Kindle, I read it 10 yrs ago but figure I'd better refresh memory before tackling the latest installment...

Deb said...

Well, I have heard good things about this series, and was looking for something to get into, so I hope I will like it. The fact that you are re-reading it certainly gives me hope!

Brent Buckner said...

E-readers - a notable feature of the future I wanted to live in!

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...