Thursday 28 June 2012

Post-and-pre-weekend blog

I am definitely getting tired of painting. Last weekend I spent most of the two days painting the large cupboard (two coats of lovely "Bellini" colour paint from Para), and I'll be doing the small cupboard soon; but not on the long weekend. I'm taking a one-weekend break. No pics of the finished cupboard yet. I'll take one this weekend when it is moved over to the cottage.

Summer is truly here.  We took a walk to the far field, and discovered it full of - what?  I can't remember what these bushes with the tiny pink bells are called.  At one time I could have relied on Wendy B. to ID them for me.  I will have to research them on my own or ask Irene G. for her help (she is full of herbivore lore).

What the heck are these things?  They smell lovely!
Iain made a friend on the way across the field.  He always finds a snake or a frog, or an interesting bug!
There are always lots of garter snakes.  We've spotted a couple of brown water snakes as well, but that's as exotic as we've managed, so far.

On Monday evening, the sunset was glowing and dark; very mysterious-looking!


I'm looking forward to an extra day this weekend; happy Canada Day to all!

2 comments:

Jenny Davidson said...

Cute snake! Have a lovely holiday weekend...

Deb said...

Thanks Jenny!

I found out what the plant is, by the way, courtesy of Irene G.: it's Spreading Dogbane. Not a very attractive name, but a lovely plant!

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...