Tuesday 10 July 2012

Work, work, work

Life at the cottage seems to constantly revolve around various projects.  Iain keeps working on his paths, which are looking wonderful and are great to walk on.  My Mom's walker rolls smoothly on them, too.


I've been prepping the small cabinet for painting, but haven't accomplished much due to an annoying shoulder injury that confined me to a chair in the sun after taking a robaxacet, on Sunday morning.

The other thing that's been occupying me has been how to stop birds from hitting our nice shiny windows.  I've put up decals, cardboard cutouts of bird silhouettes and a bunch of "window junk" like a dreamcatcher and a windsock.  I've reduced the number of bird hits - only one this last weekend - but it still makes me sick when it happens.  I have UV decals on the way, and Iain and I have been discussing how to install a motion-sensor flash (maybe?) to scare birds off if they fly that way.  There must be a solution.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...