Sunday 6 May 2007

Hey, how about those Sens?

I will readily admit that I went into this year's playoffs with NO expectations. Once you've had your heart broken six or seven times you tend to become a bit jaded. I figured the Senators could beat Pittsburg - but would they? When they accomplished it in such a commanding way, I knew they had a chance against New Jersey, but, again, I didn't really expect them to win. It's nice of them to keep surprising me this way! The team does seem to be on a mission this year; maybe they can go further still. To quote Ringo (from an old Saturday Night Live skit), "I'm just happy to be here".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Indeed, how 'bout 'em?

Any predictions for the Buffalo series Deb?

Deb said...

No predictions from me, they were too closely matched during the regular season. Ottawa has looked really strong in the playoffs, though; lots of confidence. Buffalo has struggled a bit. I feel more hopeful now than I was a month ago, that's for sure.

Unknown said...

I hear you. I don't do the prediction thing either.

But as predicted, the first period's been a barn burner so far!

Unknown said...

And how 'bout those Sens now??

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...