Thursday 28 June 2007

A Star Lost

Sad to read today about the death of William Hutt. My favourite memory of him is in the part of Sir John A., in The National Dream. I'm always a little fuzzy on details, but I know I've seen him in a lot of shows; he showed up so many times on CBC, always a familiar face, always performing whatever part he was in exceptionally well. I had to run a check on IMDB, because I was SURE he was in some episodes of The Starlost; he was in one only.

Yes, I was a Starlost fan...

3 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

I never did see him at Stratford,
but I saw him in _No Man's Land_ back in (...google break...) 2003 in Toronto. Great performance, which I see won him his first (!) Dora.

Don't remember Hutt in _The Starlost_, but now checking imdb I certainly remember the episode!

Just in case you've missed it, Ben Bova wrote _The Starcrossed_ (aka _Starcrossed_), a thinly disguised parody of his association (and that of Harlan Ellison) with _The Starlost_.

And yes, I loved that show at the time. As I aged, it didn't age well.

Deb said...

I think we were all starved for S.F. on T.V. at that time, and would watch almost anything! As I recall, Harlan Ellison was so unhappy with the project that he had his name in the credits changed to "Cordwainer Bird".

Unknown said...

On the up side, Harlan Ellison was very entertaining when unhappy. (From a distance.)

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...