Wednesday 5 September 2007

Cedar Waxwing




These pictures were taken in July, of a cedar waxwing munching on the seeds produced by a fuschia hanging outside our dining room window. Previously, I'd seen a hummingbird at the plant, which is not unusual. I'd also seen a robin trying to get at it, though I'm not sure why; perhaps it thought the seeds were bugs? It was a surprise to me to see the waxwing on the plant. I'd never seen anything eat the seeds before. The little guy just leapt all over the plant, hanging upside-down when necessary, to eat just about all of them. I would have liked to get a better picture, but he was easily frightened, and took off when I tried to get a better shot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did very well to get those pictures Deb! (They are lovely birds.)

Deb said...

One of my favourites - such lovely colouring.

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...