Monday 24 September 2007

Weekend!

What a gorgeous weekend it was! Would that this weather could last until after Thanksgiving!


We are getting short on cottage time. Just two more weeks, and it'll be closed up for another season. This weekend we had to cut short our time there, because I had a church meeting on Sunday morning that I couldn't miss, so we came home on Saturday night. We had wanted to stay for Judy's Bluegrass, but it ran too late for us.


Judy Kuno is a remarkably talented woman who lives near our cottage. She does wonderful artwork and crafts, and has the greenest thumb of anyone I know. She's making an annual event of having a big party with friends and family performing at her place. I had to take a pic of the entrance to her property this weekend:



Judy does a lot of clever folk art. She is one of those people with "busy hands". I'm not sure if she even owns a tv; for her, spare time is used to create, not to watch.


We did see a bit of wildlife this weekend: a deer, on our way to the cottage (you can just see her face in the centre of the picture),


and we also saw a porcupine on the street near my Mom's place, after we dropped her off on Saturday night, but I wasn't smart enough to get a good shot.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...