Tuesday 2 October 2007

Cottage Pics

Okay, I am relieved to report that my neighbours only cut down part of the group of trees, so from our property it still looks very bushy! I think the rest of the trees are on the other neighbour's property, and they left them alone. Iain always says I am way too negative. Of course, he is wrong, there's no way, not a chance. :)
On Friday night, when I was waiting for Iain to arrive at the cottage, I took this shot of the rain moving in. It was only about 6:45, but the sky was as dark as if it were much later. It was a little spooky!

Saturday and Sunday were gorgeous days, though, warm and sunny, and we got to do a lot of pre-winterizing cleanup, so we won't be so busy next week. Hope the weather holds, because we always like to do a long after-dinner walk on Thanksgiving Sunday.
Sadly, I must report that the birds again took all of our grapes this year. We were holding out for them to ripen a bit more, because adding a lot of sugar doesn't make for the best wine, but we couldn't get the readings above 17 on the refractometer. One day the grapes were there, the next they were gone! That's how it goes - we've decided that in future we will just pick 'em and add the darn sugar!

Here's some pics of the flowers still blooming there. The nasturtiums look like they'll go on forever, though I know that one good frost will do it for them.
The annuals I started from seed in the deck box are still blooming, despite the dry weather they've had to endure.
The sun is setting ever farther to the south, now, and the days seem very short. Just one more weekend, and then we say goodbye, at least until New Years.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...