Monday 22 October 2007

Sunday Sunday

Another busy weekend, and unfortunately I had a bug on Saturday that took the fun out of that day. I'd wanted to go to Glenda Ferguson Tippins' book launch, but just didn't feel well enough.

Sunday was a busy day, however. In the afternoon I attended a funeral at our church for a woman who was a longtime member of the congregation and a sweet lady. A nice service, and it was beautiful weather to be at the graveside, too. I did get stung by a wasp in Dodie's car (that's the second time that's happened this month - how am I attracting them?), which wasn't pleasant.

Late afternoon the deacons (minus Debbie who was working) met with Don Crisp and John McIntyre in Arnprior. I always come away from meeting with them feeling uplifted; despite all the things that don't seem to be going right, they always make you feel that they understand and that there is a way forward. Very gifted men.

The evening of music at Elgin St. Baptist was a combination of the old and the new. Hugh Horner was supposed to be appearing with his partner George Towell, but George was in hospital, so instead Hugh's wife, daughter and son-in-law entertained us. We didn't have a programme, so I (per usual) can't remember their names, except he called his wife Ruby - but that wasn't her real name. They performed old-timey music, while the young couple did songs they had composed and recorded themselves. Beautiful voices, talented musicians. I was in awe of the young couple: he is a pastor and has two churches he serves; she is a youth leader. As such, they both must have already had a busy day before going to Arnprior to perform. And they have two children from his first marriage, so a busy home life too. Amazing.

So I'm going to not think of myself as a very very busy person, after all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds busy enough to me!

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...