Monday 3 December 2007

OOOOHHHHH that is cold snow!!

Okay, well, you knew that, didn't you?

'Bout time I filed a report here, isn't it? Been a little busy, but not with anything too exciting, so I've been avoiding writing.

Spent Saturday shopping with the girls, which was great fun! Got a few gifts, and wore out my feet. Did get myself a nice pair of brown shoes, which I needed. No navy, though - no one seems to have navy shoes of the sort I want (low heel, casual but suitable for work, comfy).

Sunday we had a MARVELOUS pot-luck lunch at church. Christmas-themed, so we sort of knew what others were bringing, to make sure there was lots of everything. Turkey, potatoes, turnips, peas, carrots, stuffing, gravy, cranberry, yams baked with marshmallow, coleslaw, pickles, strawberry jello salad, buns! For desert: pie (apple and cherry), tarts, and timbits. I think that's just about everything, but it's hard to be sure. A good time.

Since we knew the storm was coming, we took the opportunity to decorate outside yesterday. It was cold work, but we were glad to get it done!

Today, I really hope the furnace guys come. It's cold in here! Good thing we have the fireplace in the basement.

We were out with the snowblower at 6:30 cleaning out the driveway. Iain went in to get ready for work, and I decided to figure out how to start the machine and run it myself. Took a while - I didn't see the push-button above the plug-in, and almost gave up trying, but then it got very loud all of a sudden, and I was off! Snowblowers aren't wonderful, really, especially not our little 7hp buddy (note to self: next model will be 12hp at least!), but with my back I want to avoid shovelling as much as possible!

Keep warm!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I try to push more than shovel. And when necessary, carry. After an hour of that this morning, I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling the shovelling muscles at swim practice tomorrow!

Brent Buckner said...

Hunker!

David Rotor said...

12HP and get Iain to rewire it. Arr. Arr.

Here on Ironside we have the little snowblower that could*. 5HP.

Hat tip to Wendy.

Deb said...

Funny how a 5hp lawnmower has all the power you need, but a snowblower needs so much more! We got ours 2nd hand from the bloke across the street, who then went out and bought one about twice the size.

I'm with you Wendy, I push!

Hunkering was what I wanted to do, but only schools get snow days it seems. *sigh*

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...