Tuesday 25 December 2007

A Very Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone! The last week I have been neglecting my blogging, due to the usual last-minute wrapping/baking/shopping binge, as well as party & visiting time. Saturday and Sunday we had early Xmas with Iain's family in Ottawa, returning on Christmas Eve so we could have a quiet evening at home after the candlight church service. Had a wonderful time in Ottawa, by the way - it's so great to see everyone, we do it too seldom.

Today we head off to Dodie & Myles' place for dinner and prezzies. We spent the morning opening our gifts to each other. Can't believe what Iain got for me - a turntable that hooks directly to the computer so I can upload all my vinyl (which we have to retrieve from the cottage, first, but that's a minor issue). I'm so excited to use it, as I have this vast collection of 70's progressive rock that no one else wants to listen to, so it is never on the radio, but that I still enjoy (I really am Living In The Past).

Have to post this pic of the lovely gift my friend Wanda (a.k.a. Martha) gave to us. When the gin is gone and all that is left is a beautiful blue bottle, it seems a shame to not use it somehow, doesn't it? Voila, a pretty dish soap dispenser!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Deb!!

(Love the turntable!)

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...