Sunday 3 February 2008

Odds and ends from the holidays

Just going through my Christmas pics, and although it is a bit out of focus just had to post this one of my mom in her new leather jacket. She's 90+ years, and looks terrific.



We were at the cottage for a few days after Christmas, for a very relaxing time thanks to Dodie and Myles who invited us to stay with them. Jigsaw puzzling, reading, and board games with the New Years Eve crew filled most of our time - and of course hurling, the combination horseshoes/curling game I think I've mentioned before.
Another fun thing was taking pictures of the birds on the bottle feeder. The blue jays were heavy, so they had to hang on for dear life as the bottle spun whenever they landed. The chickadees were agile, as usual, and happy to pose, but the red-breasted nuthatch was impossible to get on film; this is the best shot I got!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your mom does look fabulous! I'm going to take a page from her book and wear leather throughout my life.

Love the feeder pix, too. Nuthatches are quick!

Deb said...

Way too quick for me, anyway!

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...