Tuesday 1 March 2011

So, who else out there has insomnia?

This isn't a problem I'm used to, but it's just one more post-menopausal joy, I guess.  Bedtime begins with such snuggly promise:  although I don't fall asleep quickly, I do drift off to a nice, comfy nowhere.  And then, for some reason - I'm too warm, need to pee, have indigestion, or some other minor discomfort - I wake up...and can't fall back asleep.  I lie awake.  For hours.
Or maybe it only seems like hours.  Perhaps I drift in and out, though it doesn't feel that way:  it feels like I am fully awake.  I try to occupy my mind, usually with prayer.  That doesn't always help, though.  Sometimes I start to worry about things, instead.  Then I'm REALLY awake.

Worst of all, I'm disturbing Iain's sleep, too.  Ever try to lie perfectly still when you aren't asleep?  It's not easy.

Well, I guess I will go back to bed; my glass of milk is empty, and I'm getting cold.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

David Rotor said...

Some of us think this is a perfectly reasonable time to be awake.

;-)

Rather than prayer how about Sam Harris' "Letter to a Christian Nation"? You knew I couldn't resist ...

Deb said...

Yeah, I knew it! LOL. But I fear that wouldn't help, Dave; I would simply lie awake praying for Sam Harris, then!

Not only is Aus the temperature I want, it agrees with my sleep cycles - maybe I belong down under!

Jenny Davidson said...

Good luck! I am a lifelong insomniac, it is the worst!...

Deb said...

With all the stuff you do, Jenny, I am amazed that you have time to sleep at all!

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...