Thursday 19 April 2007

Bad stuff happening

It's always sad when people die. Even the death of a tyrant leaves one mourning the waste of a life that could have been used to benefit mankind, but that took a twisted path instead.

A lot of people died on a college campus in Virginia, a few days ago, victims of one deranged man with too much firepower. A lot more people die in Baghdad every day, and some would say that they are victims of a similar man. In every situation, we wonder why we can't stop it, but it's what started it that needs to change.

A dear lady I know passed away the other day, too. She was 94, and confined to a nursing home. She wasn't herself, anymore: I believe the perpetrator in this case was Alzheimer's. I remember when she was younger, though she was always an old lady to me, since I first met her when she was in her 60's and I was a relative child of twenty-something years. Always a smart woman, capable of a droll comment on any subject, she also had a zest for life that made her an interesting addition to our church community. Her favourite bible quote was "In all thy ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct thy paths", Proverbs 3:6. At least, it was the one I heard her quote most often.

Too bad we can't try to live by that proverb. If we did, our paths might not lead to body counts.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...