Thursday 5 April 2007

That's service!

Why is it that some companies really don't handle customer service well, even in this day and age when it is considered vital by most businesses?

My subscription at the Citizen expired yesterday, because the credit card I'm using is dated for this month. Now, the card is good until the end of April, and I haven't received my new one yet, but the subscription program online spat out a rejection when I tried to sign in yesterday. So, I emailed customer service. They answered that if I wanted to use a credit card that should expire after April, to try calling the service desk.

I replied that I'll renew my subscription when I get a new card, and that to receive payment sooner, they should try repairing their program.

So if I'm not up on current events for the next while, you'll know it's because I'm stubborn.

At the other end of the customer service rainbow is my HBC credit card, run by GE Money: I got my March statement yesterday, with a big note on it (with a picture of a disembodied arm holding a bouquet of roses) saying they are "truly sorry" for not living up to my "customer service expectations". I suppose the bill is late; I really don't know why they are apologizing. Since the balance on it is zero, I don't think I would have missed it anyway.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...