Wednesday 25 April 2007

You want to see incandescent? Just get me angry.


I'm not sure that a ban on all incandescent bulbs is the right or best thing, at least until they can supply a bulb for my favourite lamp. It takes one of those little chandelier bulbs, and I don't think I can get a flourescent version. Maybe I'll have to hoard a stockpile?


I coveted this lamp a long time before I bought it; I first saw it at Best Regards on main street, over a year ago. It was a bit pricey for something that just sat and looked pretty, so I didn't buy it, but every time I went into the store, I looked for it. For a while I didn't see it, and I thought it was sold, but Connie had just stored it for a while. When she marked it down to 50% off, I just couldn't resist any longer.


This isn't the only lamp I can foresee being affected by this ban: the dining room chandelier (operated by a dimmer switch, which you can't use with flouresents), the tri-light floor lamp, and my antique slag-glass lamp which has a shade that pins directly onto the bulb, may be problems.


I really hope I'm wrong; shouldn't there be a useful replacement before you ban the original? Please tell me they've thought this through, and we won't see a pile of lamps going to the landfill.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...