Thursday 1 December 2011

All trussed up!

The roof trusses arrived on the 9th.  It was pretty cool that the crane truck set them right up top where they were needed.  That saved a lot of work on the part of the builders.  I've heard this doesn't always happen; a friend of mine related how the trusses were left at the bottom of their driveway, when their house was being built!  The guys who supply these Beaver homes have things worked out pretty well.


Dan got right to work on the roof.

By day's end it was mostly closed in.

I love this shot.  I don't know if it was Dodie who took it, or Myles, but kudos to whoever!
On the 12th and 13th, Iain installed phone line and ethernet wire, while the electricians  were there.  Brett and Todd Crozier did the install.  I was there on the 12th - a cold day, but I was some help to Iain.  I wouldn't go back on the Sunday, but he went up and worked with them.

Brett and Iain discuss light and outlet placements.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...