Sunday 4 December 2011

Adieu

We had the honour, this afternoon, of attending the wake for Myles' mom, Bernadette Bailey, who passed away this week.  I believe she was 92.

We'd only met a few times, and one of those times was at Dodie and Myles' wedding, so I won't say I knew her well.  Today, though, looking at the pictures and drawings of her, from her childhood through to recent times, I was made aware that this was a special woman.  One beautiful photograph captured everyone's attention:  in it, she is wearing traditional native leathers and is playing a guitar.  In other photos, she is surrounded by friends and family, smiling and looking lovely.  Her bearing is that of a confidant, intelligent woman.  A series of pictures taken in a photo-booth captured her sense of humour.

She looked beautiful today, too, though I know she wasn't really there; but her spirit filled the place.

No comments:

It's Winter....

 Not a fan, but winter is something one survives (hopefully) so that spring may occur. I miss Stitches, very much. Fortunately, we have Jasp...